- Active ingredient: Metronidazole
VISA, Mastercard, Amex, JCB, Bitcoin, Ethereum
- Delivery time: Registered Air Mail (14-21 days), EMS Trackable (3-9 days)
- Prices from $29.95
- Author: Dr. Stuart Aitken
- Last reviewed: 30 July 2020
Flagyl is a preparation that can be applied to fight a wide spectrum of bacterial infections. This antibiotic came to the pharmaceutical market in 1960 and it is still on the top-list of the most often prescribed antibiotics. The drug works well in dealing with vaginal infections, infections of the respiratory tract, skin, joints, and brain infections. Except for the antibacterial effect, Flagyl possesses antiprotozoal qualities, which makes the medication effective in the therapy of infections provoked by parasites.
The Benefits of FlagylTo have a better understanding of what is Flagyl, you should learn about its key benefits. See it for yourself:
- The drug works against a wide spectrum of pathogenic bacteria;
- It is effective in the treatment of some protozoa infections;
- Flagyl tablets have a swift onset of action;
- It is generally well-tolerated by the patients;
- The drug is affordable.
Why Buy Flagyl in Our Online Pharmacy?Looking for a place where you can buy Flagyl online, choose us. Why? Just have a look at what we can offer you:
- Excellent quality of the preparations;
- Flagyl over the counter;
- Prices that a lower than elsewhere on the web;
- Delivery in an opaque package without the name of the drug written on the package;
- Free shipment for all orders over $200.
How to Take Flagyl?We hope these general recommendations on Flagyl intake will be useful for you.
- Take Flagyl only if your doctor prescribed it. Uncontrolled use of antibiotics can be harmful to your health;
- Intake with food is preferable;
- Take the medication at equal gaps of time;
- Never stop the therapy earlier than recommended, regardless of your condition;
- Don’t chew of crush Flagyl tablet.
Flagyl DosageDepending on the severity of your condition and the disease treated, your healthcare provider can prescribe you either Flagyl 200mg or the tablets containing 250 mg, 400 mg, or 500 mg of the active ingredient. You shouldn’t change the dosing on your own without consulting a doctor as it may reduce the effectiveness of the drug or lead to the appearance of unwanted reactions.
Taking Medicine for the First TimeThe first thing you should make sure before taking Flagyl 400mg for the first time is whether you are allergic to it. Though rare, such cases do happen. Besides, you have to check if you haven’t taken the medication called disulfiram within two weeks prior to the therapy with Flagyl.
After taking the tablet for the first time, you won’t feel any immediate effect. Flagyl antibiotic needs time to accumulate in the pathogenic cells. Therefore, you may start feeling the relief after two-three days after the start of treatment. In some cases, the improvement may be noticed even later.
You have to be careful when driving a car or operating machinery as Flagyl may cause dizziness. You’d better delay these actions until you know the effect of the drug on your organism.
How Do I Pick the Right Dose?The choice of the right dose is the task of your attending doctor. The dosage, as well as the frequency of the pill intake, depends on the following factors:
- The age of the patient (the pediatric dosage is calculated taking into account the weight of the child);
- The disease treated;
- The severity of the patient’s condition;
- Response to the treatment;
- Liver condition (patients with severe hepatic impairment should take half of the recommended dose);
- If the patient is on dialysis.
Common Side EffectsBased on the results of clinical studies, Flagyl is well-tolerated in doses up to 2 gm a day. The common side effects of the drug are listed below:
- stomach upset;
- decreased appetite;
- metallic taste.
How Does Flagyl Work?Flagyl generic metronidazole is effective against anaerobic bacteria and protozoans. Its action is targeted at the disruption of the bacterial DNA. Thanks to this, the synthesis of nucleic acid is inhibited, and the growth of the pathogenic bacteria is stopped.
How Effective Is Flagyl?The effectiveness of Flagyl in the therapy of various types of infections has been proven by numerous clinical studies and 60 years of use. This medication is considered a first-line treatment for infections provoked by C. difficile. Besides, it is highly efficacious in the therapy of vaginal infections, including bacterial vaginosis and some sexually transmitted diseases. Flagyl in Australia is one of the most often prescribed antibiotics.
How Long Does Flagyl Last?The elimination half-life of Flagyl is eight hours. However, the clinical efficacy of metronidazole remains the same even after 12 hours. This has been proven in the study conducted by the scientists of the USA Medical University of South Carolina.
Who Can Take Flagyl?Flagyl can be taken by adults and pediatric patients. However, the drug is contraindicated to women in the first trimester of pregnancy, and some categories of people, suffering from the following health issues:
- hypersensitivity to metronidazole or other similar drugs;
- diseases of the central nervous system;
- severe liver or kidneys impairment;
- Cockayne syndrome.
Dr Stuart Aitken has a great experience in the public system working as a senior staff specialist for many years. Qualification: M.B, B.S University of Queensland 1996, Dip. Ven. 2001, FAChSHM 2006.