- Active ingredient: Atridox
VISA, Mastercard, Amex, JCB, Bitcoin, Ethereum
- Delivery time: Registered Air Mail (14-21 days), EMS Trackable (3-9 days)
- Prices from $29.69
- Author: Dr. Stuart Aitken
- Last reviewed: 14 June 2020
Doxycycline is a potent antibiotic of the wide spectrum of action. It belongs to the group of tetracyclines and is widely applied in the therapy of acne, respiratory infections, chronic prostatitis, sexually transmitted diseases, and numerous other bacterial and parasite infections, including malaria. It’s been already more than 50 years that Doxycycline is applied in the therapy of different types of infectious diseases. Due to its high effectiveness and safety, this drug got to the World Health Organization’s List of Essential Medicines.
The Benefits of DoxycyclineEvery year millions of people get prescriptions for Doxycycline in Australia. It’s not surprising, taking into account the strong points of this preparation.
- A wide spectrum of action;
- Doxycycline price is affordable for any pocket;
- It’s much safer than other tetracycline-class drugs;
- It can be used for the prophylaxis of malaria.
Why Buy Doxycycline in Our Online Pharmacy?There are several reasons to buy Doxycycline online from our drugstore:
- You don’t need a doctor’s prescription;
- Our prices are very reasonable if compared to other online pharmacies;
- We offer only top-quality medication;
- Your order will be delivered in an opaque package without any information about its content;
- All orders over $200 are delivered free of charge.
How to Take DoxycyclineAntibiotics, including Doxycycline, should be applied only when clearly needed. Therefore, a consultation with a doctor is obligatory. The correct dosing regimen should be determined only by a professional. As for the general recommendations concerning Doxycycline tablets intake, they are as follows:
- Take a pill once or twice daily, as directed by your doctor;
- It’s better to take a tablet on an empty stomach. The best time is an hour before or two hours after a meal;
- Swallow the pill whole;
- Doxycycline should be washed down with a full glass of water;
- Doxycycline and alcohol are incompatible, never drink alcohol during the therapy with this drug;
- Don’t lie down for half an hour after the intake;
- Wait for 2-3 hours before administering the drug if you take aluminum-containing products, vitamins and minerals, or eat dairy products.
Doxycycline DosageThe dosage of the preparation depends on what Doxycycline is used for. The commonly prescribed dose is Doxycycline 100 mg one or two times a day. Such a dosing regimen is commonly prescribed in patients suffering from STDs, prophylaxis of malaria, and other uncomplicated infections. However, in the bulk of cases, a loading dose of 200 mg is used, followed by a maintenance dose of Doxycycline 100 mg one/two times daily for 5 – 10 days (sometimes up to 2 weeks). For the treatment of acne, a 20 mg or 50 mg dose once daily is usually used for 1.5 – 3 months.
Taking Medicine for the First TimeBefore you start the therapy with Doxycycline, consult a doctor. Intake of antibiotics has a number of dangers you have to be aware of. Therefore, taking the drug without a doctor’s recommendation can be hazardous. Doxycycline can be prescribed to the patient only if the potential benefits prevail the possible risks.
How Do I Pick the Right Dose?The correct Doxycycline dosage can be determined only by your attending doctor. Picking the right dose of the drug, your healthcare provider will take into account the following things:
- The disease treated or whether it’s a prophylaxis of the infection;
- The type of bacteria that provoked the illness;
- Your general health condition;
- Your response to the treatment;
- Your weight (for children and patients under 45 kg).
Common Side EffectsDoxycycline side effects are rare, which makes the drug one of the safest in its class. Among the most common adverse reactions to the medication you’ll find:
- Stomach upset;
- Skin sensitivity to sunburn.
How Does Doxycycline Work?The mechanism of action of Doxycycline is based on stopping the growth of the bacteria. It happens due to the property of the drug to bind to a certain ribosomal unit of the pathogen, thus inhibiting the synthesis of bacterial proteins. Thanks to this, the immune system gets enough time to cope with the bacteria.
How Effective Is DoxycyclineThe studies on the effectiveness of the drug, as well as numerous Doxycycline reviews of the patients, for various health conditions prove that the medication works well in the therapy of sexually transmitted diseases, syphilis in particular. Besides, the drug showed to be effective in the treatment of other infections, especially skin infections, like rosacea. The efficiency of Doxycycline for acne has been proven in clinical studies.
How Long Does Doxycycline Last?The peak serum concentrations of Doxycycline are reached within two hours after taking a pill. After twenty-four hours, the concentration of the drug decreases twice from the peak level. Therefore, to support stable levels of Doxycycline, it is recommended to take it every 12 hours.
Who Can Take Doxycycline?
Doxycycline is allowed for adults with certain dose restrictions for elderly patients. Children under the age of eight are not recommended to take this drug. Such a restriction is based on one of the Doxycycline side effects – teeth discoloration. For the same reason women in the first trimester of pregnancy are not recommended to use this medication.
As for the other conditions that should stop you from Doxycycline intake are:
- An allergy to Doxycycline or any other antibiotic of the tetracycline class;
- Esophagus problems;
- Trouble swallowing.
Dr Stuart Aitken has a great experience in the public system working as a senior staff specialist for many years. Qualification: M.B, B.S University of Queensland 1996, Dip. Ven. 2001, FAChSHM 2006.