About Dr Stuart Aitken
Doctor Aitken has various range of interests and works with gender medicine, HIV medicine, sexually-transmitted infections, and also skin conditions attacking the reproductive organs. He offers personal consultations in sexual health medicine.
He works as a senior specialist in the public health service for many years, and he may boast with a good experience, and so the doctor conducts personal consultations in cozy and beautiful Evandale Practice. Moreover, Doctor Aitken is the only medical specialist within the Gold Coast. According to his opinion, a sexual health is essential, and any person should be very attentive to this area.
Doctor Aitken is recognized as a Fellow of Royal Australasian College of Physicians because he has obtained education in 2006. He also has taken 3 positions in the medical schools in Southeast Queensland. Nowadays he has a title at Griffith University. He has an active journalism life because has several publications in textbooks and also medical magazines. He constantly improves his skills and now makes a specialty in infectious disease epidemiology. Doctor Aitken’s degree is Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine.
M.B, B.S University of Queensland 1996, Dip. Ven. 2001, FAChSHM 2006
AWARDS AND PUBLICATIONS
He has a lot of publications and awards. Just some of them:
- Aitken S. The Primary health care of transgender adults. Sex Health. 2017 Jun 5. doi: 10.1071/SH17048.
- Aitken S. Herpes. In Australian STI Management Guidelines. Australasian Society for HIV, Viral Hepatitis, and Sexual Health Medicine. Sydney 2015.
- Hale A, Coombes I, Stokes J, Aitken S, Clark F, Nissen L. Patient satisfaction from two studies of collaborative doctor-pharmacist prescribing in Australia. Health Expectations 2015 Jan 23 doi: 10.1111/hex.12329
- Aitken SD, Pavlin NL. Talking about Sex. In Groves M, Fitzgerald J, editors. Communication Skills in Medicine. Melbourne: IP Communications, 2010.
- Australasian Colege of Sexual Health Physicans Prize, 2002.
- Venereology Society of Victoria Prize, 2001.
Links to profiles: